"We are so grateful that a consumer-focused organization like UP – completely independent of the insurance industry – is there to help families and individuals, homeowners and renters alike, navigate the confusing claims process after a disaster, and to help them before a crisis as well."
Work with UP
United Policyholders is seeking an Administrative Manager (Fundraising) for our small but mighty national consumer advocacy non-profit’s S.F. financial district office. This team member will coordinate our donor/fundraising initiatives and office operations.
For 25 years we have shaped laws and public policy related to all types of insurance. We provide individuals and businesses throughout the United States with a voice, and tools and help with disaster preparedness and recovery. Our work is funded by donations and grants and fueled by a strong volunteer corps.
The position requires strong organizational skills, energy and a desire to excel as an essential member of a hardworking team of five paid staff. This position includes scheduling flexibility, good benefits and growth potential. Must have the ability to work collaboratively and independently. Sense of humor, flexibility and strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking relationships with corporate and individual donors
- Planning fundraising events
- Coordinating professional sponsor donations and online Find Help directory
- Grant research and application support, tracking and reports
- Monthly reconciliation with Finance Manager
- Create and distribute digital and print communications
- Administrative support for Board of Directors
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of business or non-profit experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficient with Salesforce, Constant Contact
- Canva or other graphic-design tools/software
- Legislative, political or legal work
Salary and Benefits: Health and vision insurance, full time or 80% FTE option, salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Send resume and a one-page cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and your proudest professional accomplishment to Emily Rogan, Emily@uphelp.org. Position will remain open until filled.
We welcome inquiries from volunteers and interns, and have ongoing opportunities, (subject to applicant suitability, current projects and available supervision).
If you are interested in volunteering with United Policyholders, please contact our Program Coordinator Emily Rogan at email@example.com
Law students or lawyer volunteers, please contact Staff Attorney Dan Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.