"The UP Roadmap to Recovery Program raised awareness and educated Sandy-affected families on the importance of properly documenting losses and negotiating home and flood insurance settlements."
Oklahoma Wildfire Recovery Help
by United Policyholders
UP offers tips and info from previous disaster survivors and from experts on insurance claims, legal matters and the rebuilding/repair process. Here are the insurance claim and recovery help resources that United Policyholders offers to residents of Oklahoma. To find information on specific topics, please visit the Claim Help Library and use our "search" box. We also offer educational workshops and long term recovery services after natural disasters (subject to funding and community support).
Read tips and information on insurance claims, legal matters and the rebuilding/repair process. For additional help resources specific to Oklahoma, visit the Oklahoma State Help page.
- Top 10 Claim Tips
- General Claim Tips
- Underinsurance 101
- Speak UP: How to communicate with your insurance company
- Insurance Recovery Tips for the Dwelling Part of Your Claim
- Contents Claim Tips
- A Simplified Guide to Your Homeowners Policy
- Sample Claim and Proof of Loss Forms
- Guides to Resolving Claim Disputes and Hiring Professional Help
Recovery Tools and Resources
If your home or rental has been damaged or destroyed and you would like any of the free tools listed below, e-mail a current mailing address to email@example.com or send in the Roadmap to Recovery Tools Request Form.
•The Disaster Recovery Handbook/Household Inventory Guide: Since 2006 "The Disaster Recovery Handbook and Household Inventory Guide" has been a trusted book that's led thousands of people through the process of overcoming obstacles to repairing and rebuilding after a major loss. The book is written in plain language by disaster survivors for disaster survivors with tips and expert advice from legal, insurance and personal finance professionals.
• The Roadmap to Recovery Organizer Kit: includesthe essential tools for staying organized and recovering financially from serious property damage or loss. Each kit contains a diary/notebook, essential tips and guidance, business card holders, a pouch for receipts and a messenger bag.
• Home Inventory Flashdrives: Most disaster survivors must prepare an itemized and detailed inventory list of every single item they lost in order to recover insurance monies and/or claim tax losses. Creating this inventory is one of the most challenging and time-consuming tasks survivors must complete on the road to recovery. To ease this burden, UP created a home inventory flash drive that's pre-loaded with helpful content and is easy to use.
Support from Previous Disaster Survivors
Confidential emotional support, insurance and rebuilding tips from previous catastrophic loss victims/survivors through the United Policyholders Disaster Survivor Support Network ("DSSN") For a list of and contact info for available DSSN recovery mentors, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "DSSN" in the subject line.
Expert Answers to Your Questions
The ”Ask an Expert” tool is an easy and safe way to ask direct questions to attorneys, claims professionals and previous disaster survivors who serve as UP volunteers and get the answers you need. The expert doesn’t see your contact info, but you can contact them if you want to follow up on their answer. To use the forum, please visit www.uphelp.org/Ask-an-Expert.
Sign up to recieve information and alerts from United Policyholders
NOTE: United Policyholders respects and protects the privacy of all who communicate with our organization. We do not share or sell our mailing lists.
About The Blogger
United Policyholders is a non-profit organization that serves as a voice and an information resource for insurance consumers in all 50 States.