“We are so grateful to have wonderful UP looking out for us and putting together amazing amounts of information to help us understand 'the process' and cope with the trials and tribulations!"
The "Survivors Speak" publication series offers the perspectives of people who lost homes in natural disasters, in their own words. The series is part of United Policyholders’ extensive library of free information.
- Insurance Coverage for Additional Living Expense (ALE)/Loss of Use
- Choosing to Make Lemonade Out of Lemons
- Things I Wish I Had Known
- Observations from a Teenage Wildfire Survivor
- Negotiating With Your Insurance Company
- Estimating Your Loss
- Adjuster Stories
- Working With Your Contractor
- The Rebuilding Process
- Partial Loss Remediation Tips
- Coping With Underinsurance
- Reforming Homeowners Insurance
- Reform Proposal: Need for Reasonable Extensions of Insurance Policy Deadlines