“We are so grateful to have wonderful UP looking out for us and putting together amazing amounts of information to help us understand 'the process' and cope with the trials and tribulations!"
The Roadmap to Recovery™ program gives people free information, tools and resources to help solve the insurance problems that can arise after an accident, loss, illness or other adverse event. We offer a library of claim tips, sample letters and forms, instructional videos, a professional help directory, and articles written by leading experts in personal finance, construction and the law. We also offer educational workshops and long term recovery services after natural disasters (subject to funding and community support).
Roadmap to Recovery services include:
- Insurance, rebuilding and recovery tips; sample letters and forms
- The Disaster Recovery Handbook and Household Inventory Guide
- Videos of Roadmap to Recovery™ workshops by rebuilding, insurance and recovery experts
- Support from Previous Disaster Survivors
- "Survivors Speak" Tip Series
- Ask an Expert Forum
- "Survivor to Survivor ListServ" (private online discussion forum)
- The Roadmap to Recovery Organizer/Toolkit
- Roadmap to Recovey Surveys
Please note: Roadmap to Recovery™ is a registered trademark of United Policyholders non-profit disaster recovery program and may not be used for commercial purposes.
- Library of Claim Tip Publications
- Sample letters/ Sample forms to help document your loss and get paid in full and on time
- UP Guides: information on specific insurance problems and professional help resources
The Disaster Recovery Handbook (written by Survivors for Survivors)
"The Disaster Recovery Handbook and Household Inventory Guide", affectionately known by thousands of disaster survivors as "the little yellow book" that guided them through the process of recovering from the loss of their homes. Written by survivors for survivors, along with expert advice from trusted consumer advocates and personal finance professionals."
- If you have lost your home and would like a free copy, e-mail the address of your destroyed home to: email@example.com, or call us at (415) 393-9990.
- If you are not a disaster survivor, but would like to purchase a copy or copies of the handbook, you can order online at: www.amazon.com. For volume discounts, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support from Previous Disaster Survivors
Get confidential emotional support, insurance and rebuilding tips from previous catastrophic loss survivor through the United Policyholders Disaster Recovery Mentor Program. For more information and/or to receive a list of and contact info for available mentors, please email or call Emily Cabral, email@example.com (415) 393-9990, or contact UP Outreach Coordinator Karen Reimus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Survivors Speak" Tip Series
The "Survivors Speak" publication series offers the perspectives of people who lost homes in natural disasters, in their own words. The series is part of United Policyholders’ extensive library of free information.
"Ask an Expert" Forum - Free confidential online answers to your questions
Use our Ask an Expert forum to post a question about your insurance claim and/or the loss recovery process. Get answers from expert volunteers that include professionals in construction, insurance claims and the law plus people sharing their own disaster recovery lessons learned.
"Survivor to Survivor ListServ" (private online discussion forum)
A restricted access on line discussion forum for Firestorm Survivors only. A safe and convenient way to get and share valuable information with others who are in the process of recovering from a recent wildfire loss. Access limited to victims by invitation only. For more information and/or to receive an invite to the list serve, contact UP Outreach Coordinator Karen Reimus by e-mail at email@example.com.