I own 3 unit condo building (all 3 units). It appears that windows have failed or where not properly installed, and allow water in behind the stucco, which deteriorated after several years of raining. Framing has suffered too (dry rot in places). Needed repairs include stucco and windows replacement, and framing repairs. Assuming this is a covered loss, which is not clear yet as policy says damage from water/rain is not covered but some dry rot is covered, is it a wise move to open a claim. I am concerned about non-renewal if they end up covering the loss.

About The Expert

William Hedden

William Hedden is President and CEO of Consolidated Adjusting, Inc, a public insurance adjusting firm. In 1991, he became a licensed Public Insurance Adjuster with the California Department of Insurance. He is also a licensed real estate broker and a licensed B-1 general contractor in the State of California. He earned a law degree from Hastings College of Law and was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1979. Mr. Hedden served on United Policyholders' Board from 1997-2016.