We had a total loss to our home and contents to a fire. We were underinsured. Our insurer is honoring the evaluated replacement of loss of dwelling. The loss of contents is based on a percentage of the value of the dwelling. Are we entitled to the higher percentage value on the contents of loss?

About The Expert

William Hedden

William Hedden is President and CEO of Consolidated Adjusting, Inc, a public insurance adjusting firm. In 1991, he became a licensed Public Insurance Adjuster with the California Department of Insurance. He is also a licensed real estate broker and a licensed B-1 general contractor in the State of California. He earned a law degree from Hastings College of Law and was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1979. Mr. Hedden served on United Policyholders' Board from 1997-2016.