One of my clients received a check from his insurance for $44,000. His mortgage was purchased by a company, Ocwen. They have a F rating for the BBB along with 2499 complaints. He needs Ocwen to endorse in order to disperse money to appropriate contractors to repair his home. Ocwen wants him to endorse the check, so that Ocwen can disperse monies. My client does not trust them enough to sign the check over to them and he cannot get anywhere when he contacts them. Do you know of an appropriate route to take so my client can receive the money due to him?

About The Expert

Amy Bach

Amy Bach has been a professional advocate for insurance policyholders since 1984 and an attorney since 1989. She co-founded United Policyholders in 1991 and serves as the organization's Executive Director and primary spokesperson; shaping and overseeing the Roadmap to Recovery™, Roadmap to Preparedness, and Advocacy and Action programs. She is a nationally recognized expert on insurance claim and legal matters; frequently interviewed in print and broadcast media, and the author of numerous publications including "The Disaster Recovery Handbook", "WISE UP: The Savvy Consumer's Guide to Buying Insurance" and consumer tips and guides in the UP Claim Help Library.  Recognized by Money Magazine as a Money Hero, Bach is in her eighth consecutive term as an official consumer representative to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, and is a member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance.