I am employed as a housekeeper/gardner and I lived in my bosses home until it caught fire and burned down the whole house. I lost everything I own. She said I was not covered by her homeowners and that I should have renters insurance. I was not a tenant I was her employee. What do I do? The insurance is ready to settle.

About The Expert

William Hedden

William Hedden is President and CEO of Consolidated Adjusting, Inc, a public insurance adjusting firm. In 1991, he became a licensed Public Insurance Adjuster with the California Department of Insurance. He is also a licensed real estate broker and a licensed B-1 general contractor in the State of California. He earned a law degree from Hastings College of Law and was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1979. Mr. Hedden served on United Policyholders' Board from 1997-2016.