When State Farm's adjuster stopped working on our scope of loss he said it was because he had already reached policy limits and we were under insured. I have now had my own scope of loss done and have asked State Farm to investigate my issue of underinsurance. I have since been contacted by their Special Handling Unit SHU and given a set of 41 questions to answer. Im reluctant to send these in without a lawyer who is a specialist with insurance law reviewing them. Are there any attorneys associated with United Policyholders who are reviewing these types of documents for fire victims?

About The Expert

Amy Bach

Amy Bach has been a professional advocate for insurance policyholders since 1984 and an attorney since 1989. She co-founded United Policyholders in 1991 and serves as the organization's Executive Director and primary spokesperson; shaping and overseeing the Roadmap to Recovery™, Roadmap to Preparedness, and Advocacy and Action programs. She is a nationally recognized expert on insurance claim and legal matters; frequently interviewed in print and broadcast media, and the author of numerous publications including "The Disaster Recovery Handbook", "WISE UP: The Savvy Consumer's Guide to Buying Insurance" and consumer tips and guides in the UP Claim Help Library.  Recognized by Money Magazine as a Money Hero, Bach is in her eighth consecutive term as an official consumer representative to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, and is a member of the Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance.