Several condos have had severe water damage by a unit above them. (leaked down several floors) Is there a way to get some living expenses/damage payments while the insurance company investigates legal action against pipe manufacturer? How should they go about it? They are getting no response right now, and need to move back into their homes.

About The Expert

William Hedden

William Hedden is President and CEO of Consolidated Adjusting, Inc, a public insurance adjusting firm. In 1991, he became a licensed Public Insurance Adjuster with the California Department of Insurance. He is also a licensed real estate broker and a licensed B-1 general contractor in the State of California. He earned a law degree from Hastings College of Law and was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1979. Mr. Hedden served on United Policyholders' Board from 1997-2016.