We appreciate all that you are doing to help families straighten out the critical small print. You provide such a great service!
Erskine Fire, Kern County 2016
by United Policyholders
In this section you will find tips, tools and resources for recovering from a partial or total wildfire loss. Our main focus is on helping you navigate your insurance claim toward a full, fair and prompt settlement, but we also offer guidance on emotional recovery, debris removal, temporary living arrangements, government aid, construction issues, hiring professional help, and deciding how and if you will repair, rebuild or buy a replacement home.
Claim Guidance Library
Wildfire (Total Loss)
Claim Help Library
Claim Help Library
Here are some items to get you started putting one foot in front of the other on the road to recovery:
- An open letter from one fire survivor to another
- Top Ten Insurance Claim Tips
- FAQs about Home Insurance Claims in California
- Sample Letter Requesting Copy of Policy
- Simplified Guide to Your Declarations Page
- ALE/Loss of Use: What expenses can you claim on your homeowner's policy?
- Sample Letter Requesting Information About Insurance Benefits for Temporary Living Expenses ("ALE" or "Loss of Use")
- A Guide to Your Insurance Legal Rights
- Special protections for wildfire victims
- Buy or rebuild?
- Getting Your Mortgage Company To Release Insurance Proceeds
- Speak UP: Tips for Communicating with your Insurance Company
- Maximizing Business Insurance Benefits After a Fire
- Updating Your Home Insurance After a Loss
To view our full menu of resources or for more information on this program, visit the Roadmap to Recovery page.
Related News Articles and Resources
About The Blogger
United Policyholders is a non-profit organization that serves as a voice and an information resource for insurance consumers in all 50 States.