“They have been instrumental in working to improve laws related to fail claims handling practices.” ...
Hawaii Insurance Claim Help
by United Policyholders
If you have been impacted by the rivers of lava that have destroyed hundreds homes on Hawaii's Big Island, United Policyholders is here to help. Through our Roadmap to Recovery program you will find tips, tools and resources. Our main focus is on helping you navigate your insurance claim toward a full, fair and prompt settlement. We also offer guidance on debris removal, temporary living arrangements, government aid, construction issues, hiring professional help, and deciding how and if you will repair, rebuild or buy a replacement home.
Workshops and Events:
future events and updates will be posted on this page
Previous Workshops and Events:
2018 Puna Insurance Claim Forum
This forum took place on Thursday, June 7th, 3:30-6:30pm
Hawaiian Shores Community Association Building
"The Stables", 15-859 Kahakai Blvd., Puna, HI
Forum Info Flyer
The program was recorded and is available for watching
First Steps to getting organized and oriented:
Here are some items to get you started putting one foot in front of the other on the road to recovery:
- Top Ten Insurance Claim Tips
- Sample Letter Requesting Copy of Policy
- Simplified Guide to Your Homeowners Guide
- ALE/Loss of Use: What expenses can you claim on your homeowner's policy?
- Sample Letter Requesting Information About Insurance Benefits for Temporary Living Expenses ("ALE" or "Loss of Use")
- General Claim Tips
- Speak UP: Tips for Communicating with your Insurance Company
- Claim Guidance Library
Additional Information and Related Articles:
- UP Blog: EQ causes lava eruption emergency
- Hawaii Division on Insurance: Insurance coverage for home repairs due to lava damage
- New York Times: Homeowners Scramble as Hawaii Volcano Spews Ash, Lava
- Hawaii volcanic activity raises a host of insurance issues (Reed Smith Blog)
We thank and acknowledge Hawaii Public Adjusters for their support of our Hawaii Insurance Claim Help Disaster Recovery Blog
About The Blogger
United Policyholders is a non-profit organization that serves as a voice and an information resource for insurance consumers in all 50 States.