"Lost my home in the Tubbs fire in Sonoma County. Your help and support has been invaluable. Thank you."...
Sevier Wildfire (Tennessee) - Insurance Claim Help
by United Policyholders
In this section you will find tips, tools and resources for navigating your insurance claim settlement. In addition to what you'll find here, you can use the search box to find articles, surveys and reports, and you can watch videos of Roadmap to Recovery™ post-disaster workshops.
SPECIAL ALERT: The Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance is hosting a community insurance assistance forum for home and property owners affected by the Sevier County wildfires. The forum will be Thursday, February 16, from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Rocky Top Sports World, 1870 Sports World Boulevard, in Gatlinburg. The forum will offer consumers to ask questions, get information and file complaints about the fires.
Claim Guidance Library
Wildfire (Total Loss)
Claim Help Library
Claim Help Library
Here are some items to get you started putting one foot in front of the other on the road to recovery:
- An open letter from one fire survivor to another
- Returning to Your Home After a Wildfire: Post-Evacuation Checklist
- Top Ten Insurance Claim Tips
- FAQ's about Property Damage Insurance Claims
- Sample Letter Requesting Copy of Policy
- Simplified Guide to Your Declarations Page
- ALE/Loss of Use: What expenses can you claim on your homeowner's policy?
- Sample Letter Requesting Information About Insurance Benefits for Temporary Living Expenses ("ALE" or "Loss of Use")
- Speak UP: Tips for Communicating with your Insurance Company
- Maximizing Business Insurance Benefits After a Disaster
- Insurance Resources for Tennessee
- FAQs: Property Damages Claims in Tennessee
- Bulletin from Tennessee Insurance Commissioner requesting insurers to relax claim deadlines and requirements
About The Blogger
United Policyholders is a non-profit organization that serves as a voice and an information resource for insurance consumers in all 50 States.