United Policyholders has helped guide disaster survivors on the road to recovery for over twenty years. It doesn’t matter which state you live in — the insurance claim process is the same. When it comes to collecting on your insurance policy to replace the contents of your home, it’s all about documentation, organization and negotiation. You’re probably overwhelmed by your losses and the insurance process so take advantage of the free support and info that UP has to offer.
Download the following publications to learn about strategies from experts and other disasater survivors on completing a home inventory and negortiating the contents portion of your claim:
- Example of a completed home inventory - 2003 Cedar Fire Survivor has donated her contents claim form to UP
- UP Home Inventory Worksheets (Excel) - Complete and save on the computer.
- Contents Claim Tips
- Depreciation Basics
- Speak UP: How to communicate with your insurance company
- Sample Letter Requesting Copy of Policy
- Sample Letter Asking for the Waiver of the Contents Itemization Requirement
- Sample Letter Asking for a Personal Property Claim Settlement