Policyholders are often frustrated by the low values that insurance adjusters put on property items when depreciating them to set "actual cash value" before issuing payment.  You can challenge excessive depreciation of your property by documenting the condition and value and/or by using a consumer-oriented depreciation guide.  Here's one that was donated to United Policyholders by Robert Joslin of Hawaii Public Adjusters.  

Hot Topic: