An insurance company's decision whether to classify your severely damaged car as fixable or a total loss has big dollar significance to you, the policyholder. You can influence that decision with proof of the vehicle's pre and post loss value.
- Receipts for work done to the vehicle in the past 6 months
- Pre-loss photos of the interior, engine, tire treads, oil change sticker
- If you can't ascertain mileage because the car won't start, refer to the record of your last maintenance
- Make sure the valuation includes all the options your vehicle had (Tinted windows, rear window defogger, heated seats, GPS, leather seats, power)
- Educational workshops on the ground in coordination with local partners and volunteers in the impacted areas
- The Hurricane Harvey Help Library and Hurricane Irma Help Library, which will provide long-term recovery resources and insurance-related information and guidance in one place
- Advocacy to ensure that insurance claims get processed fairly, timely and paid in full